Wednesday, August 17, 2011

TIME LIMIT ON EVERYTHING

     How soon after knowing a guy/woman do u share the encounter (have sex) How long do u have to be dating before it becomes serious? How long do u have to be dating before ur intorduced to the family/friends? How long do u have to be dating before u live with each other? How long do u have to know each other before u get married? How long do u have to know each other before u have a baby?

   Society has placed a time limit/stigma on relationships...yesterday while chilling on my staycaion I picked up he latest issue of a Tabloid magazine (I do NOT read these things, but it was on the persons coffee table) on the front cover was a pic of Jennifer Aniston & her new beau asking if she is pregnant. So I flipped to the inside and read the article in which it stated she has only been with him for 5mths. I then said so fucking what jeez um....I'm like my goodness who gives a rats ass suppose she did waan breed after 1mth that's on her/him. The claim is a cover story on this week’s issues of Star, Life & Style and In Touch magazines. In all fairness, Aniston has been spotted in recent weeks sporting some loose fitting shirts, and appearing quite happy, which has fueled speculation that she’s pregnant.  tabloid magazine                    

    I remember when Ricky Lake was a top talk show host and some controversy was made cause she married her husband after knowing him only for 5mths. Me personally saw nothing wrong with that. Yes they are now divorced but they sure did spend a good amount of years together and shared kids.

    I was once talking to an older lady now in her 60's and she told me how she met her husband of 40+ years. While walking home one day a car pulled up and asked if she wanted a ride she took him up on his offer and he took her for a drink first and then they went to another location and had sex...I had a look of amazement on my face and asked so soon and u just met him a couple of hours o__O and she answered me and said it was her first time doing something like that. She never saw the man again cause he didn't live in the country, but little over a yr later he showed up at her gate/house and asked her to marry him cause he could not get her out of his mind. She took him up on his offer and which she told me she has never had no REGRETS!! 

      So how can one put a time limit on love & happiness. EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Ms. Rose.

    To each his own. I think people spend far too much time worrying about the choices that others make. Allow someone to live their life on their terms because push comes to shove... they are the ones who have to live with the consequences... good, bad or indifferent.

    ReplyDelete